A Beautiful Mind is the true story of John Nash and his road to winning the Nobel Prize. Along the way, he becomes mentally unstable and believes he was sent on a mission by the CIA. He is later diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia. This clip is a great example of the stressors that this mental disorder can bring to a person’s life and his/her family.
- Bruno's section
- Final Paper
- Jaap's section
- Online Video
- Recitations Jaap: Logistics
- Second student post
- the Blockbuster!
- Week 1 (1/24): Making Sense of the American Mind
- Week 14 (5/1): New Ways of Seeing?
- Week 2 (1/31): Pop Nihilism
- Week 3 (2/7): The Counterculture Goes Mainstream
- Week 4 (2/14): Reclaiming the Past: The New Hollywood?
- Week 5 (2/21): Cynicism and Paranoia
- Week 6: (2/28): Blaxploitation and its Cinematic Respondents
- Week 7: (3/6): Behold
- Weel 12 (4/17): Millennial Anxiety